February 12th, 2017 • Aspen, Colorado
The Owl Creek Chase has been one of Colorado’s largest, premier cross-country ski races since 1985. The challenging course from the Snowmass Cross Country Center to the Aspen Cross Country Center presents the very best that Colorado skiing has to offer: tough climbs, scenic views, thrilling descents and excellent snow conditions. $1200 prize purse.
- 9am: 21K Classic Race - Prize money awarded to top 3 Men and Top 3 Women in the classic race. prize money awarded for this race ONLY
- 9:30am: 21K Skate Race (no prize money awarded for this race)
Registration Fee schedule: $45 til 1/31/17 | $55 2/1/17 to 2/09/17 | $60 2/10/17 til Race Day. Register Now.
NEW THIS YEAR!
The Owl Creek Chase TOUR - is a scenic point to point Nordic tour starting at 10am at Two Creeks and ending at the Aspen Nordic Center.
- This is the only time you will be able to ski the entire Owl Creek Chase route without taking your skis off at the road crossings.
- There will be refreshments along the course and soup and beer at the finish at the Aspen Nordic Center.
- Not timed, support (aka Aid Stations) and free shuttle from Aspen to Snowmass.
- Suggested donation of $25 to the Aspen/Snowmass Nordic Council is greatly appreciated. You must register for the tour here! More details to follow.
The Owl Creek Chase is part of the CCCSA - Colorado Nordic Race Series, the race series mixes up classic and skate skiing with 4 individual races put on throughout Colorado. Each series in the race will take place at a different Nordic resort — Devil's Thumb Ranch, Crested Butte Nordic, Aspen/Snowmass, and Snow Mountain Ranch. To be part of the series Register the Series here.
Below is the schedule of events for the 2017 race: